Experienced Classroom Teachers
An engaging and enjoyable environment for staff and pupils alike
Start date: As soon as possible, Autumn Term 2018
Salary: Ark Mainscale 2 - 6 (£25,097 – £34,670)
Location: Balsall Heath, Birmingham
Nearest train station/transport links: Good bus links to Birmingham City Centre
Deadline: Friday 7th September 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Friday 14th September 2018
Ofsted: Good with outstanding Early Years and Leadership and Management (2018)
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged; to arrange, please call 0121 464 3049.
By having high expectations of our pupils at Ark Tindal and believing they can achieve great results, they start believing it too and rise to meet those standards. Join our team and join us in shaping the young minds of our future.
We are looking to recruit experienced Classroom Teachers to join us on our journey towards outstanding. You will play a pivotal role in a committed team and make a real impact on the outcomes of our pupils, both in class and across the Academy. We are proud of our three teacher model which offers exceptional support and allows our children to make accelerated progress to reach their full potential and we are looking for experienced individuals who can take a leading role in their year groups.
"Team Tindal" is a strong community and our staff see themselves as one big family. Everyone looks after each other and there are regular staff lunches and social activities for birthdays and special occasions.
We place parents and carers at the heart of the school community. We hold regular courses and social events to benefit them, such as English as a Second Language courses, IT literacy skills sessions and coffee mornings.
Celebrating success is a big part of life at Ark Tindal and there is a real culture of praise amongst our staff. We ensure that hard work and success never goes unnoticed. We are committed to the development of our staff and have an extensive professional development offering.
As a teacher at Ark Tindal, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
- A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Tindal Primary Academy.
Visit our website for more information on the school. If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our technical team on email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by visiting http://arktindalprimary.org/vacancies. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 7th September 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Description: Experienced Classroom Teachers
Reporting to: Senior Leadership Team
Start date: As soon as possible, Autumn Term 2018
Salary: Ark MPS 2 - 6 (£25,097 – £34,670)
To deliver outstanding teaching and learning and therefore help students achieve excellent academic results, and be a role-model/impact the academy more widely.
To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the range of subjects and their application.
- To support other teachers within the year group to develop outstanding practice and raise standards and attainment throughout the year group
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make superior progress
- To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners
- To help to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
- To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities
Teaching and Learning
- Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all students
- With direction from the Head of School and within the context of the Academy’s curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective teaching modules and lessons
- Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
- Use regular assessments to set targets for students, monitor student progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
- To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
- Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student achievement
- Ensure that all students achieve at least at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at chronological age level
- Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils
- Direct and supervise support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities
- Implement and adhere to the Academy’s behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
- Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations.
- Support the Academy’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures
- Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
- To be active in issues of student welfare and support
- Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
- Undertake, and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or Head of School.
Person Specification: Experienced Classroom Teacher
- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK
- Experience of mentoring teachers and developing practice of others
- Experience of raising attainment of all pupils
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning in their year group though schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc.
- Up to date knowledge in the primary curriculum
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Effective team member and leader
- High expectations for accountability and consistency
- Vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
Teaching and Learning
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and reward
- Has good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Acts as a role model to staff and pupils
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check