Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Required as soon as possible
Brand-new all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged children. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020.
We are looking to recruit Lunchtime Supervisors to join our team of staff. The successful candidates will supervise students during lunch breaks, ensuring that high standards of behaviour and the health and safety of the students are maintained at all times.
Our ideal candidates will:
- have experience of supervising children
- have experience in a similar role within a school or the education sector (desirable)
- have a helpful, positive, calm and caring nature
- be flexible and hard working
- be excellent team workers
- have a commitment to Ark’s ethos of high expectations
In this role you will:
- play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development and a range of exclusive benefits.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the role or if you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our HR team, on 020 8911 6657 or email@example.com.
Please complete your application by Midday on Friday 24th August 2018.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline: Midday on Friday 24th August 2018.
Salary: ARK Band 2 - £17,961 - £18,357 pro rata, per annum
(Actual gross salary £4,382 – £4,478)
Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Description: Lunchtime Supervisor
Reports to: Senior Lunchtime Supervisor
Start Date: ASAP
Salary ARK Band 2 - £17,961 - £18,357 pro rata, per annum
(Actual gross salary £4,382 – £4,478)
Hours Approximately 10 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
To supervise students during lunch breaks, ensuring that high standards of behaviour and the health and safety of the students is maintained at all times.
To support the dining vision at Isaac Newton Academy.
- To establish excellent relationships with all students
- To encourage healthy eating
- To be aware of how the food served each day meets cultural requirements and allergen restrictions
- To support the implementation of the dining vision at the Academy
- To ensure an orderly and calm lunchtime, including the supervision of queues (in the secondary school) and student behaviour within the dining area and around the Academy
- To ensure excellent student behaviour is maintained, by maintaining a presence around the Academy and by consistent application of the Positive Behaviour for Learning Policy and the Praise and Recognition Policy
- To set up and clear down the dining hall at the beginning and end of lunchtime and to clean and restock tables between sittings
- To supervise the students play at lunchtime (Primary)
- To report any concerns with regards to students’ wellbeing to a member of SLT
- To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety and welfare of students
- To ensure the students take responsibility for the cleanliness of tables and clearing of trays during the lunchtime period, supporting them when required
- To administer basic first aid (if qualified)
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Academy
- To support the roles of other staff, including the catering team and duty staff
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- To participate in training and learning activities and performance management as required.
- To actively promote the Academy and liaise with outside agencies as necessary, representing the Academy or ARK as appropriate
- To maintain a presence around the Academy to ensure that the highest standards of behaviour and site-usage are upheld
- To be active in issues of staff and student welfare and support
- To comply with and assist in the development of policies and procedures in relation to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To demonstrate a commitment to Equality of Opportunity for all members of the Academy’s community
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the Academy’s priorities
- To undertake any other professional duties as set down in the ARK Schools pay and conditions of service document, and as directed by the Principal or the FRD
- This job description is subject to change with the agreement of the post holder.
Person Specification: Lunchtime Supervisor
- Experience of supervising children at the appropriate age range.
Behaviours and Qualities
- Vision aligned with ARK and the Academy’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
- Hard working, conscientious and organised
- The ability to work in close harmony with all staff
- The ability to follow instructions accurately, but make sound judgements when required
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent team player, helpful, friendly and willing to undertake extra tasks (as and when necessary)
- Good role model for both students and staff, with high expectations for self and others
- Genuine interest in and willingness to help children to learn how to eat healthily.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Hard working, conscientious and accurate
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work with minimum supervision
- Approachable, calm and caring
- A firm and constant belief in the unlimited potential of every student and a commitment to inclusive educational provision
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to develop positive relationships with all young people
- Confidence and self-motivation
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to be decisive
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- A sense of humour and desire to have fun.
- Able to help implement the necessary routines and patterns to establish exemplary behaviour management within the Academy
- Ability to deal with minor incidents, first aid, and the personal health and hygiene of pupils.
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and to providing equality of opportunity.