Primary Class Teacher
Ark Globe Academy
Our approach to staff mentoring and wellbeing make it an outstanding place to work, train and progress.
It’s an exciting time to join Ark Globe Academy as we strive for excellence. Our recent success can be credited to our committed and dedicated staff and the high aspirations we promote throughout the school.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Primary class teacher for either key stage one or two to join us in ensuring that our children continue to receive the very best teaching to maximise their potential.
It is such a privilege to be part of this community. It’s a group of like-minded adults working together for the common goal: to prepare our students for university and to be leaders in their community." - Staff member at Ark Globe
Our teachers at Ark Globe are committed to ensuring that our pupils receive a holistic education and as such are involved in many exciting extra-curricular opportunities such as setting up and coaching a chess club, running a Little Actors group and joining Ark Globe Academy’s gospel choir.
Our Culture Pyramid sets out for students, staff and parents our purpose, our beliefs and our values. This helps to set expectations for learning and behaviour in our daily lives at Ark Globe.
Visit http://arkglobeacademy.org/vision-and-values for more details.
Ark is one of the UK's most successful school groups with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country alone, it is an international charity transforming lives through education. As part of the network, our staff can expect:
- Access to a range of discounts through the Ark Rewards Scheme which includes reduced gym memberships, discounts at major retailers and travel loans
- Twice as many training days as standard
- Support from a network of 35 schools across the UK
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged; to arrange, please call +44 (0)207 940 5109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://arkglobeacademy.org/ for more information on the school.
For technical queries relating to your application, please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com
Please submit your application online by visiting http://arkglobeacademy.org/
The deadline for applications is Monday 4th June 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Deadline: 04th June 2018
Interviews: 07th June 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Description: Primary Class Teacher
Reporting to: Assistant Principal
Start date: 1st September 2018
Salary: AM1 to AM6
- To deliver outstanding teaching and learning to ensure pupils achieve excellent academic results
- To design and implement an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensures real learning takes place and pupils make excellent progress
- To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
- To help to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
- To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities
Teaching and Learning
- With direction from the Primary Principal and within the context of the academy’s curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective lessons
- Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
- Use regular assessments to set targets for pupils, monitor pupil progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
- To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
- Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
- Direct and supervise co-teachers assigned to lessons
- Implement and adhere to the academy’s behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
- Participate in preparing pupils for assessments as and when necessary
- Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all students
- Support the academy’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures
- Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
- To be active in issues of pupil welfare and support
- Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
- Undertake, and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or Primary Principal
Person Specification: Primary Class Teacher
- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK
- Proven exemplary classroom practice in a primary school with experience
- Experience of designing and developing resources to support learning across different subject areas
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase pupil achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning in their year group though schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum and a solid grounding in the assessment processes used to support planning and raise pupil attainment
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour.
- Highly effective team member
- High level of self-awareness and self-management
- High expectations for accountability and consistency of themselves and others
- Acts as a role model to staff, pupils and the community
- Vision aligned with our high aspirations and commitment to every pupil
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
Teaching and Learning
- Outstanding classroom practitioner
- Effective and positive behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and reward
- Has excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to continue to contribute to outstanding classroom practice
Other desirable training and skills
- Training and practice in Ruth Miskin’s ‘Read, Write Inc.’
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure